Old 02-03-2003, 03:01 AM
Paul Smart

Default Grass Clippings

Greetings All,
I have recently started a lawn mowing and gardening
service in and around Ipswich QLD. I was wondering if anyone knows of
another place, besides the local dump, where i can drop off the grass
clippings?
Regards
Paul

Old 02-03-2003, 11:56 AM
Hairy Plotter

Drive real fast down the highway with the trailer gate open, at midnight!!!

Try contacting the council, www.ipswich.qld.gov.au
however I expect anything other than authorised dumping would be illegal if
caught.
I am in Flinders View and have 10 acre paddock over my back fence for all my
clippings. :-)

H.P.

Old 03-03-2003, 01:27 PM
Paul Smart

Any chance of dumpimg my clippings in your paddock?
I've tried the open trailer thing just dosen't get all the clippings out :-)

Old 05-03-2003, 10:09 AM
Holy Zarquon's Singing Fish

In article , Paul Smart wrote:
Greetings All,
I have recently started a lawn mowing and gardening
service in and around Ipswich QLD. I was wondering if anyone knows of
another place, besides the local dump, where i can drop off the grass
clippings?

Here's an alternative idea:

Lash some old palletts together 4X4 overhead it would look something
like this:

----------|----------
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
----------|----------
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
----------|----------

Dump your clippings in each one in turn. Try to get as many leaves
mixed up in the clippings as possible. Leave for 3-6 months, and
voila you have reasonalbe compost or pretty good mulch at the end of
the process.

-- Replace abuse with kd21 in email address to assure valid reply
address.

Old 11-03-2003, 01:11 AM
China

G'day,

Yes, compost them and sell it back to your clients next year as compost!

China
Wingham
NSW

Old 16-03-2003, 05:56 AM
Woofie

Paul Smart wrote in message ...
Greetings All,
I have recently started a lawn mowing and gardening
service in and around Ipswich QLD. I was wondering if anyone knows of
another place, besides the local dump, where i can drop off the grass
clippings?
Regards
Paul

Can you buy, lease or rent acouple of acres away from residential
areas?

If you can, buy yourself an old end loader, some animal manure,
preferably cow, pig or sheep, some hardwood sadust, bedding straw from
stables and start a compst heap.

You will need the end loader for stirring the compost and loading it
onto vehicles to cart it away.

Good organic compost will just about sell itself. Also contact the
landscape gardeners and other lawn mowing services. Buy or encourage
them to dump their clippings at your composting site.

All this depends, of course, on obtaining land and the council
licences/permits/red tape bullshit before you start.
Old 19-03-2003, 09:32 AM
Paul Smart

Woofie wrote:
Paul Smart wrote in message ...

[...]

Great Idea, I'm keeping some of the good grass clippings and making
compost out of it to sell back to customer next season.
But i like your idea, Now just have to find somewhere cheap near
us...mmmmmmmm

Old 29-03-2003, 05:32 PM
Woofie

Paul Smart wrote in message ...
Woofie wrote:
Paul Smart wrote in message ...

[...]

Just one other point - make your monster composter well away ( and
preferably ut of sight) of inhabited residences. Some people don't
like the smell of nature at work. Not that the compost heap should
smell. If it stinks its not a healthy heap. My little backyard bin has
a anice musty perfume coming out so I know its working properly.

Novice question about grass clippings Prithviraj Dasgupta Gardening 7 08-07-2004 04:02 PM
Grass clippings as mulch? Sam United Kingdom 4 19-05-2004 11:15 PM
Grass clippings John DeBoo Gardening 9 15-08-2003 07:07 AM
Leave grass clippings on site? (not composting this year) pgh Gardening 3 17-04-2003 02:32 PM
Grass Clippings Paul Smart Australia 7 05-04-2003 07:37 AM