Old 24-05-2003, 10:08 AM
Adrian Van Drunen

Default Lawn Beetle

We have only a small amount of lawn approx 150m², it is infested with lawn
beetle. Over the past 6 months I have used a very effective chemical from
Bayer which brings the beetles to the surface, if they are not eaten by
birds they die. I lost count after 200, I have now done this twice and there
is still evidence of their presence.
People have told me they are seasonal and just to live with the problem. Any
information on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation
Adrian

Old 26-05-2003, 03:32 AM
Chris Warr

I tried Nematodes this year, very impressed with the results. I had no
problems at all. I got them from http://www.turfandlawncare.com.au/ They
are little microscopic beasties that munch on the larvae. They are my
heroes.

Other than that I've used Bayer Baythroid with pretty good results as well.

Chris.

Old 26-05-2003, 02:56 PM
Andrew G

"Adrian Van Drunen" wrote in message
We have only a small amount of lawn approx 150m², it is infested with lawn
beetle. Over the past 6 months I have used a very effective chemical from
Bayer which brings the beetles to the surface, if they are not eaten by
birds they die. I lost count after 200, I have now done this twice and

there
is still evidence of their presence.
People have told me they are seasonal and just to live with the problem.

Any
information on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Are they doing much damage? If not then I wouldn't worry too much. Usually
the damage they do is seasonal, around Christmas to March so a preventative
spray (if they do a lot of damage) around Christmas should stop them.
I know any chemical with the active constituent(sp?) of Chlorpyrifos(sp?)
will kill them. Just be careful with it and read the instructions.
Any bird/animal that eats an affected beetle could suffer.
Good luck
--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply

Thanks in anticipation
Adrian