GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fertilizer (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/28907-fertilizer.html)

Nico 26-05-2003 10:21 AM

Fertilizer

Asking about the best fertilizer for native plants in NQ. I've read about it
but there's too many opinions and different views in the books that I've
read. Can anyone advice of the best all round fert for callistimons, silky
oaks, Lilly Pillys etc?

Thanks in advance

---

Chookie 29-05-2003 11:32 AM

Fertilizer

In article ,
"Nico" wrote:

Asking about the best fertilizer for native plants in NQ. I've read about it
but there's too many opinions and different views in the books that I've
read. Can anyone advice of the best all round fert for callistimons, silky
oaks, Lilly Pillys etc?

Some native plant growers swear by blood & bone. Others use Osmocote for
native plants, or similar slow-release products. Just don't use regular
fertiliser on your Proteaceae (banksias, waratahs), or you will kill them --
it's too high in phosphorus IIRC.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"...children should continue to be breastfed... for up to two years of age
or beyond." -- Innocenti Declaration, Florence, 1 August 1990