GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Buffalo Lawn Problem. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/28975-buffalo-lawn-problem.html)

Andrew G 26-05-2003 02:56 PM

Buffalo Lawn Problem.

Anyone had a lot of recent rain and have noticed Buffalo lawns suffering?

2 residents at work have buffalo lawns that aren't looking the best.
Asked me to spray them for army worm, but I knew it wasn't the problem.
One lawn is fine out the front, got slight yellow patching out the back. He
recently fertilised the back, so my guess is fertliliser burn. A pH test
showed levels around 6.5, so it's ok.
Haven't checked the other lawn, but overall it looks like it's dying from a
distance. I noticed some edges where it wasn't mowed were green, so it might
be as simple as scalping, but I doubt it.
We had a hell of a lot of rain here 2 weeks ago, highest in the state I
beleive.
Wondering if that had anything to do with it?

Any suggestions?
Our boss suggested the bad lawn may need a slight fertilising of something
that's high in Potassium and Phosphorous.

Thanks for any help.
--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply

Adam 27-05-2003 12:21 AM

Buffalo Lawn Problem.

"Andrew G" wrote in message ...
[...]

I thought most buffalo lawns went varying degrees of yellow in autumn
/ winter ?
I've used Palmetto, which doesn't yellow very much, and in fact is
still green at the moment...

Holy Zarquon's Singing Fish 29-05-2003 10:44 AM

Buffalo Lawn Problem.

In article , Adam wrote:
"Andrew G" wrote in message ...
Anyone had a lot of recent rain and have noticed Buffalo lawns suffering?

2 residents at work have buffalo lawns that aren't looking the best.
Asked me to spray them for army worm, but I knew it wasn't the problem.
One lawn is fine out the front, got slight yellow patching out the back. He
recently fertilised the back, so my guess is fertliliser burn. A pH test
showed levels around 6.5, so it's ok.
Haven't checked the other lawn, but overall it looks like it's dying from a
distance. I noticed some edges where it wasn't mowed were green, so it might
be as simple as scalping, but I doubt it.
We had a hell of a lot of rain here 2 weeks ago, highest in the state I
beleive.
Wondering if that had anything to do with it?

A salesman at turfco told me that there's been a bit of an outbreak of
a virus among Sir Walter in the Sydney area. This is a problem with a
grass that is spread from a clone.

--
Replace abuse with kd21 in email address to assure valid reply
address.