Old 02-06-2003, 01:44 AM
Scott Lindsay

Default My Lavender Plants won't flower

Hi

I have quite a few lavender plants in my garden, they get plenty of water,
sun and nutrients, however they have never flowered - what am I doing wrong,
I have given them a prune to see if that would help but nothing - can you
offer any advice?

Thanks

Old 02-06-2003, 07:56 AM
Flossie

Hi Scott
Mine were exactly the same.... I had them in a couple of years and although
the growth is healthy and luxurious I had not a single flower. Granted they
didnt get much sun, one day a large gum tree in my front yard fell down and
suddenly my lavender plants got a lot more sun, they all suddenly burst into
flower for about a week or twoo weeks.... then nothing. They are back to
just being foliage plants. I have been told by a couple of people that
perhaps they are too young to flower yet... but I dont know how age and
flowering goes together.

Id be most interested to see what replies you get here as we seem to have
the same problem.

Im in southern WA, maybe its a soil thing.

Floss

Old 02-06-2003, 10:20 AM
Jane VR

They do like lots of sun. They don't need much feeding, or watering
(unless there's a drought). Maybe you are being too nice to them

Jane

Old 02-06-2003, 11:08 AM
alwynne mackie

It's also possible that the fertilizer you are using is high in nitrogen and
low in potash - as most of them are - and this will promote leaf growth at
the cost of flowers.
Alwynne

u...

Old 29-07-2003, 08:23 PM
ellipsis

In article , Scott Lindsay
wrote:

Hi

I have quite a few lavender plants in my garden, they get plenty of water,
sun and nutrients, however they have never flowered - what am I doing wrong,
I have given them a prune to see if that would help but nothing - can you
offer any advice?

Thanks

A neighbour who seems to know a bit about gardening (lush front yard
and married to a botanist) commented to me recently that "the only
thing that will hurt lavender is over watering". She suggested letting
it get started, then just leaving it to get whatever it receives from
the heavens.

Passion Flower Won't Flower .... Larry Stoter United Kingdom 1 29-12-2007 06:34 PM
Lavender and White - pale-lavender-and-white.jpg Dave Fouchey Garden Photos 3 30-07-2007 02:36 AM
Lavender Plants Jo North Carolina 7 07-03-2006 10:10 PM
offer:flower pot,Products including Ceramic Flower Pot,Imitate Porcelain Flower Pot,Wood Flower Pot,Stone Flower Pot,Imitate Stone Flower Pot,Hanging Flower Pot,Flower Pot Wall Hanging,Bonsai Pots,Root Carving&Hydroponics Pots [email protected] Texas 0 07-09-2004 07:55 PM
Lilac won't flower Peter United Kingdom 2 16-03-2003 09:08 PM