Old 10-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Perksy

Default Caper Tree

I am trying to find a nursery that sells caper trees and so far I have
had no luck. Does anyone know of a nursery that may have it in
stock???
Old 26-06-2003, 04:21 AM
whiteMemphis

"Perksy" wrote in message
om...
"whiteMemphis" wrote in message

I think I read somewhere that they are very difficult to germinate, in

their
natural habitat the seeds are eaten by birds, excreted & only then will
germinate. The advice I was given was to soak them overnight in yoghurt

simulate the acidic environment of the bird's gut before planting them.

I'm sure glad I kept reading... for a moment I thought you were going
to ask me to go above and beyond the call of gardening!!!

heh, heh, now that would be a caper!