Old 30-06-2003, 02:23 AM
ling

Default Where can I buy termite poisons in Qld?

Hi,

Two years ago. I bought some chemical solution for termite in "Pick N Pay"
in Brisbane. Now, I have been to "Pick N Pay", Bunnings Warehouse, and a
few nursery places without finding any. Where can I buy the poison?

Thanks
Tom Ling

Old 02-07-2003, 02:44 AM
Jock

You would perhaps be better to go through the process of getting a pest
exterminator service. You have to be sure the problem (nest site, species
and degree of infestation) is identified and treated correctly or you might
just make the ants move to another spot. These chemicals are not harmless
and the experts are better equipped to do the job.
Jock

Old 08-07-2003, 01:08 PM
Andrew G

"ling" wrote in message
Hi,

Two years ago. I bought some chemical solution for termite in "Pick N Pay"
in Brisbane. Now, I have been to "Pick N Pay", Bunnings Warehouse, and a
few nursery places without finding any. Where can I buy the poison?

Thanks
Tom Ling

Try a produce store.
THere is a product called Termiticide. It has an active constituent of
Chlorpyrifos(sp?). The same stuff is used to kill army worm/black beetle,
ants, etc in the lawn.
So if you look for this active constituent, then that is one possible one
you could use. It can be found at nurseries and such here in NSW (i think)
Just be careful of using it as it is poisonous. i.e. read the directions and
follow them carefully.

Good luck

Old 20-07-2003, 10:32 AM
Dion

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:15:05 +1000, "ling" wrote:

Hi,

Two years ago. I bought some chemical solution for termite in "Pick N Pay"
in Brisbane. Now, I have been to "Pick N Pay", Bunnings Warehouse, and a
few nursery places without finding any. Where can I buy the poison?

Primac will help you out with some stuff called Dursban or Pittens
Pest controller.

Both are deadly so ensure you wear full protective gear (full suit,
etc).