GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hippeastrum (not if I've spelt it correctly) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/35310-hippeastrum-not-if-ive-spelt-correctly.html)

Luke 03-07-2003 03:32 AM

Hippeastrum (not if I've spelt it correctly)

Hi,

I live in Adelaide and have just notice that all the stems/leaves of my
hippeastrum have started to fall off leaving a sort of stump. Is this normal
if not what would be causing it?

Thanks
Luke

Tish Silberbauer 03-07-2003 05:44 AM

Hippeastrum (not if I've spelt it correctly)

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 12:01:12 +0930, "Luke"
wrote:

Hi,

I live in Adelaide and have just notice that all the stems/leaves of my
hippeastrum have started to fall off leaving a sort of stump. Is this normal
if not what would be causing it?

Thanks
Luke

It is normal in cooler climates. They go dormant over winter - kinda
like daffodils in reverse.