GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   self-watering pots (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/3722-self-watering-pots.html)

Graeme Gardiner 05-03-2003 08:43 AM

self-watering pots

Hi All

Just wondering about the operation of self-watering pots. Does it work on
evaporation of the contained water in the reservoir underneath?
The reason for asking is that I have an application in a long window-box and
it will cost about $140 to buy enough to do the job whereas 16, 10 litre
pails collected from building sites, side by side, for free, fashioned to be
self watering would do as well, as the containers wouldn't be seen.

Thanks

Graeme

Patskywriter 05-03-2003 03:51 PM

self-watering pots

this might not work in your particular situation, but check this site out
anyway ... for those who want to save $ by making their own self-watering
containers:

http://lynnreinhard.homestead.com/container.html

pat