Old 22-07-2003, 04:04 AM
ling

Default I finally bought my Chinese Jujube

Hi all,

I finally bought the Chinese Jujube after many months of searches across
Australia.
The guy Rick (a fruit tree legend) lives about 20 min drive away from my
place. I bought two of the last four left (grafted ones). He wasn't sure
about the variety as he got the stock from the North Qld many many years
ago. The original tree in his orchard has a 10 inch thick base. Big fruit
about 2 inches, ripe in winter so no bat and fruit flies problem and very
little thorns on branches. He is retiring like Kasper (another legend of
exotic trees). In fact, words are that Kasper's property has been sold to a
developer and all his 20 year old exotic fruit trees will be bulldozed in a
month time. Sad. I learned some grafting techniques from Rick.

I was very disappointed with Diggers Club. After a few email exchanges,
they were not responding to my last two and they still haven't sent me any
catalogue. Anyway, out of the blue, I got a catalogue sent to me from Eden
Seeds (www.edenseeds.com.au). Each of EdenSeeds' packet is $2.50 compared
to Diggers Club's of $3.30 retail.

My exotic trees now increase to about 100 after getting a dozen last weekend
from Kasper for a song.

Cheers

How-Hie Ling

jujube seeds rtdrury Edible Gardening 3 23-08-2006 06:03 AM
Jujube tree Ron Edible Gardening 0 02-03-2004 05:02 AM
jujube tree David Newman Edible Gardening 1 26-11-2003 08:13 PM
Jujube photo Wendy Kelly Budd Gardening 8 03-07-2003 09:56 PM
Where I can buy Chinese Jujube plants? How-Hie Ling Australia 4 05-04-2003 07:34 AM