Old 24-07-2003, 01:02 AM
Chris Warr

Default Rain in Melbourne

Had 40mm in Glen Waverley from 9am yesterday to 9am today. Still coming
down. Absolutely sensational! And on the day they bring in stage 2
restrictions as well. Anyone know where to get the stats on the catchment
areas and how full they are?

Chris.

Old 24-07-2003, 01:02 AM
Red

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:47:01 GMT, "Chris Warr"
wrote:

Had 40mm in Glen Waverley from 9am yesterday to 9am today. Still coming
down. Absolutely sensational! And on the day they bring in stage 2
restrictions as well.

25mm here in Werribee.

Anyone know where to get the stats on the catchment
areas and how full they are?

http://www.melbournewater.com.au

specifically,
http://www.melbournewater.com.au/sys...ter_update.asp
Old 24-07-2003, 11:02 AM
spot

I was staying in Noosa/Tewantin a few years ago and we had 36 Inches in 24
hours. Yes! That is correct. Our rented house was flooded and we had to
rent one further up the hill to stay dry. All roads out of Noosa were cut.

Don't brag about 40mm

Old 24-07-2003, 10:12 PM
SG1

Inland Sth Qld I would love to be able to brag about 40mm. We had 6.4mm
yesterday morning.
Jim

Old 25-07-2003, 02:42 PM
jpd1009

Hello Chris,

The following link will take you to catchment storage.

http://conservewater.melbournewater....ts/storage.asp

The parent site is:

http://www.melbournewater.com.au

its a shame those who reply arnt actually interested in answering your
question

cheers

jpd1009

Old 02-08-2003, 11:03 PM
Red

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:32:57 +1000, jpd1009 wrote:

its a shame those who reply arnt actually interested in answering your
question

Uhmmm, I did!
Red
Old 04-08-2003, 11:54 AM
Registered User

Location: Brisbane

Most of Australia is still in drought, does anyone place any credence in the role transpiartion plays in exacerbating drought?

I heard transpiration accounted for 50% of local rainfall.