Old 06-03-2003, 12:51 PM
Match

Default Mangoes

mangoes can be picked, when the inside is " butter " colour.
Up here in north QLD, once thee is blush, fruit can be picked in 4 weeks.

Match

"Old and Cranky" wrote in message
I think I have now answered my original question. I picked a mango when

it
had just started to redden, although still really hard. Now 8 days later

it
was ripe. Why "was"? I ate it and it was delicious!

Out now to pick the remaining green mangoes!

"Old and Cranky" wrote in message
I have a small mango tree with a rapidly reducing number of mangos. The
mangoes are not yey ripe, but already the possums have eaten about three
quarters of the crop. The amngoes are reddening on the top.

Can they be picked at this stage, and left to ripen inside?

TIA

mangoes John Savage Australia 2 20-07-2006 09:05 PM
Can you eat mangoes if they have anthracnose? C Australia 2 02-07-2005 10:54 PM
Mangoes Old and Cranky Australia 6 05-04-2003 07:36 AM
Mangoes in Perth. Grae Australia 1 05-04-2003 07:35 AM
Mangoes Grae Australia 3 05-04-2003 07:34 AM