GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   fixing roses to a wall (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/38321-fixing-roses-wall.html)

Christopher Hooper 26-07-2003 10:02 AM

fixing roses to a wall

We have bought several pillar roses to train up our house. We don't want to
use trellis as we think they are unsightly. I was planning to fix them
directly onto the bricks but I need some advice about what type of hardware
would be most suitable. Chris

Lyndon Thomas 26-07-2003 12:42 PM

fixing roses to a wall

Use stainless steel wire atached to stainless steel eye bolts then you put
the wire in whatever direction you want and tie the roses to the wire.

Jane VR 27-07-2003 12:02 AM

fixing roses to a wall

Lyndon Thomas wrote:

Use stainless steel wire atached to stainless steel eye bolts then you put
the wire in whatever direction you want and tie the roses to the wire.
"Christopher Hooper" wrote in message

We have bought several pillar roses to train up our house. We don't want

use trellis as we think they are unsightly. I was planning to fix them
directly onto the bricks but I need some advice about what type of

hardware

would be most suitable. Chris

Make sure the rose stems aren't rubbing against bare wire. Whatever you
use to tie the roses on should be plastic or softer, adjustable,
replaceable, or plenty big enough to start with, to accomodate the stems
a few years down the track. There are plastic ties at a nursery or you
can use pantihose or budding tape.

Jane