Old 04-08-2003, 11:49 AM
Registered User

Location: Brisbane
Default When can I plant a Poinsettia?

Poinsettia

Hello Forum.

Just so there's no confusion the above link is a photo and I'm in Brisbane Aus.

I was wondering if someone could help me with the basics of planting poinsettias, I already have one in my front yard and wanted to plant 2 more.

My questions are....

1...when is the best time to plant them?
2...what is the best method?, do I make a cutting?
3..if I use a cutting, do I place it in water and allow roots to grow?, do I need to add any soil to the water?

Thanks for any help.

Kabana.
Old 04-08-2003, 02:33 PM
Jock

You let the cutting dry out / heal on the cut end then plant it in a pot as
I recall. Put it into a pot of potting mix & don't over water. Be sure the
pot drains freely.
Leave it in the garden or where you like while in the pot.
HTH
Jock

'Poinsettia' (http://tinyurl.com/iy9q)

--
Kabana

News==----

Newsgroups

=---

Old 05-08-2003, 08:37 AM
Registered User

Location: Brisbane
Default Thanks Jock

Do you know when is the best time to plant it, ie, now or say mid-september when it warms up?

Poinsettia chaz Gardening 3 01-12-2003 12:42 PM
Poinsettia Question Cereoid-UR12- Gardening 3 29-11-2003 11:12 PM
How long could poinsettia last????? TOM KAN PA Gardening 4 13-02-2003 05:25 PM
Pruning poinsettia... Marcus Fox United Kingdom 0 11-01-2003 01:42 PM
Poinsettia pigment... Marcus Fox United Kingdom 3 28-12-2002 03:25 PM