Old 19-08-2003, 07:02 AM
CT

Default Ficus Standard

I have received a pair of Ficus Standard as a gift
and I put them on each side of the front door of my home (in the porch).
Unfortunately they are loosing their leaves slowly.
The porch is sunny (but no direct sunlight)
What can I do to prevent it from dying ?
I have watered them regularly and added quality slow release fertiliser.
Please help

CT.

Old 08-09-2003, 01:42 PM
justin milton

Hi,
Ficus are the worst things to plant in the garden,especially near the house
as it is part of the Fig family.The roots are so invasive, they go through
the concrete slab and water pipes.
I would dig them up and plants them into pots(if they are still alive). tlc
will bring them back!
Paula from WA
"CT" wrote in message
I have received a pair of Ficus Standard as a gift
and I put them on each side of the front door of my home (in the porch).
Unfortunately they are loosing their leaves slowly.
The porch is sunny (but no direct sunlight)
What can I do to prevent it from dying ?
I have watered them regularly and added quality slow release fertiliser.
Please help

CT.

Pruning a standard ficus Luke Australia 3 26-03-2007 12:04 AM
Standard Ficus Luke Australia 5 21-01-2005 01:46 AM
Pruning standard currant Sue da Nimm United Kingdom 1 31-10-2003 05:32 PM
Yellow leaves on standard ficus Luke Australia 2 03-10-2003 09:44 AM
Standard Bay Trees Camilla Peake United Kingdom 4 18-03-2003 12:08 PM