Old 23-08-2003, 12:33 PM
Wanda

Default Pruning Rosemary

How hard can you prune rosemary? I bought one last week that has leaves
starting up to 10cm from the ground, don't ask me why... If I cut back to
the hardwood where there aren't any leaves will new branches grow or do they
only grow from the newer growth?

Old 25-08-2003, 02:12 AM
Jane VR

Wanda wrote:

How hard can you prune rosemary? I bought one last week that has leaves
starting up to 10cm from the ground, don't ask me why... If I cut back to
the hardwood where there aren't any leaves will new branches grow or
do they
only grow from the newer growth?

Only from the newer growth. Once they start to get woody at the bottom
it is time to start some cuttings, or decide that you like it that way.
The Impatient Bonsai Master that came into our nursery used to prefer
them - clip, clip instant bonsai.

jane