Old 27-08-2003, 01:02 PM
Paul Tiffany

Default Organic

I have had a look around and cannot find any specifications for organic
growing in Aus. Anyone have any links or pointers??

PT

Old 27-08-2003, 01:42 PM
Wanda

Take a look at http://www.wwoof.com.au/links.html

Old 28-08-2003, 02:12 PM
Wanda

I hope it's of some assistance. You should give WWOOFing a go. I've now had
atleast 6 people tell me it's the best thing they've ever done, no bad
comments yet. I'd love to give it a go myself, but I think I've missed my
opportunity now that I've got a house & a dog. Ah well

Old 28-08-2003, 11:06 PM
Linda

I know WWOOFing is great, but it may be the actual one you are looking
for is the National Association for Sustainable Agriculture in
Australia (or similar). These are ones who are the most recognised for
certification of producers.

http://www.nasaa.com.au/

I know it is a matter of great concern with the Basslink pylons going
in near here that several farms which are NASAA certified for milk
production will lose their status due to the chemicals comining onto
the farms.

My brother was a consultant to a certifictaion a few years back, in
the beekeeping field

Old 30-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Chu Mai Fat

"Linda" wrote in message

I know it is a matter of great concern with the Basslink pylons going
in near here that several farms which are NASAA certified for milk
production will lose their status due to the chemicals comining onto
the farms.

Just curious. What are Basslink pylons and what chemicals do they produce?

Regards

Chu

Old 13-09-2003, 09:32 AM
Linda

Been trying to find a minute to answer this - never comes...

There is a bumper sticker that says "Basslink is a Hoodwink".

It is a line of large above-ground pylons to take power from
Victoria's Latrobe Valley Browl Coal fired power stations at some
times, and bringing it back from Tasmania at other times. Most people
think "Aaaaha, Tasmania, Hydro, green". WRONG I gather it will be
produced from clearfelling old growth forests.

All because everyone wants to run an air conditioner in summer.

Apart from that - apparently the paint and water running off them etc
and other stuff on the pylons is enough to void NASA requirements for
certifictaion as an organic farm. So farmers are getting plyons on
their farms - whether they like it or not, as our state and federal
governemnt is legislating so that a PRIVATE COMPANY has a right to
walk onto farms for their own private gain.

Linda

"Chu Mai Fat" wrote:

.. .