Old 03-09-2003, 05:02 AM
Syracuse

Default paprika

Hi

I've a mysterious problem with a paprika chilli. Something is eating the
leaves and I can't seem to find what it is. It's in a pot and is adjacent to
other chilli types those of which's leaves are untouched. I've moved the pot
but to no avail. I've looked around, under and in the pot. A phantom Paprika
muncher residing in the ether perhaps?

Thanks

Graeme

Old 03-09-2003, 09:42 AM
Jane VR

Syracuse wrote:
Hi

I've a mysterious problem with a paprika chilli. Something is eating the
leaves and I can't seem to find what it is. It's in a pot and is adjacent to
other chilli types those of which's leaves are untouched. I've moved the pot
but to no avail. I've looked around, under and in the pot. A phantom Paprika
muncher residing in the ether perhaps?

Thanks

Graeme

Indoors or out?

It could be a little green caterpillar. They are sneaky buggers that are
very hard to spot. Check under the leaves and against the stems. You can
often see their droppings on the surface of the potting mix, if they are
there.

Old 04-09-2003, 09:22 AM
Syracuse

"Jane VR" wrote in message
u...
Syracuse wrote:
Hi

I've a mysterious problem with a paprika chilli. Something is eating the
leaves and I can't seem to find what it is. It's in a pot and is

adjacent to
other chilli types those of which's leaves are untouched. I've moved the

pot
but to no avail. I've looked around, under and in the pot. A phantom

Paprika
muncher residing in the ether perhaps?

Thanks

Graeme

Indoors or out?

It could be a little green caterpillar. They are sneaky buggers that are
very hard to spot. Check under the leaves and against the stems. You can
often see their droppings on the surface of the potting mix, if they are
there.

Thanks Jane

On a second look I found hiding under the lip of the pot; a small snail.

Graeme

Old 05-09-2003, 08:18 AM
Jane VR

Syracuse wrote:

Thanks Jane

On a second look I found hiding under the lip of the pot; a small snail.

Graeme

They can be sneaky buggers too!

jane

paprika Sly boots 9 Edible Gardening 8 12-01-2005 10:17 PM
paprika Sly boots 9 Edible Gardening 0 09-01-2005 08:41 PM
Slc. Paprika Al Orchids 28 06-04-2004 10:17 PM
Slc. Paprika Al Orchids 0 31-03-2004 08:51 PM
Paprika - pepper Rudi Baeten United Kingdom 1 15-01-2003 01:39 AM