GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bloody dogs digging out bulbs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/42760-bloody-dogs-digging-out-bulbs.html)

kingsley 11-09-2003 10:32 AM

Bloody dogs digging out bulbs

Howdy,

A local dog has been digging out the front garden bulbs
every day.

I reckon it's the blood and bone, which has been fairly
well dug through the soil... I wouldn't have expected it
to attract them *shrug*

Anyway, is there something to keep them at bay ?
I'm tired of having to replant a few bulbs each
morning - luckily they haven't taken root or anything yet.

cheers,
-kt

Jock 11-09-2003 12:32 PM

Bloody dogs digging out bulbs

get a cat.
This will distract the dog away from the bulbs.
Jock
news:pan.2003.09.10.21.49.11.871795@maddogsbreakfa st.com.au...

Tricia 11-09-2003 03:42 PM

:: "kingsley" wrote in message
:: news:pan.2003.09.10.21.49.11.871795@maddogsbreakfa st.com.au...
::: Howdy,
:::
::: A local dog has been digging out the front garden bulbs
::: every day.
:::
::: I reckon it's the blood and bone, which has been fairly
::: well dug through the soil... I wouldn't have expected it
::: to attract them *shrug*
:::
::: Anyway, is there something to keep them at bay ?
::: I'm tired of having to replant a few bulbs each
::: morning - luckily they haven't taken root or anything yet.
:::
::: cheers,
::: -kt

Ring the Council and complain about the roaming dog? Or maybe firmly attach
chicken wire over the area maybe that would deter it

--
Tricia
23109810

Trish Brown 12-09-2003 01:20 AM

kingsley wrote:

Howdy,

A local dog has been digging out the front garden bulbs
every day.

I reckon it's the blood and bone, which has been fairly
well dug through the soil... I wouldn't have expected it
to attract them *shrug*

Anyway, is there something to keep them at bay ?
I'm tired of having to replant a few bulbs each
morning - luckily they haven't taken root or anything yet.

cheers,
-kt

*If* you can stand guard a few times, having your garden hose primed and ready
is probably the best solution (ie. after the one about ringing the council and
complaining...) Blast the dog full in the face with the hose and keep blasting
until it goes away. Do this a few times in succession and it ought to work.

--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia

kingsley 13-09-2003 10:02 AM

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:31:44 +1000, kingsley wrote:

A local dog has been digging out the front garden bulbs
every day.

We sprinkled heaps of cheap white pepper on the garden
bed - so far so good, it's been right for 2 days now.

-kt