GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Chook Houses (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/43011-chook-houses.html)

Shag 14-09-2003 06:07 AM

Chook Houses

Anybody with some ideas on chook pens.....

--
Greg Russell

Aus News 14-09-2003 07:33 AM

Chook Houses

Chook pens or Chook shed?

For chook shed, here is a book
http://www.goldcockerelbooks.co.uk/b...88&cfid=2376&b
ooknumber=11

I also found one at the library. A search on "chook sheds" or "poultry
house" or the like will reveal a lot of companies that have pre-fabricated
kits - just use the ideas from them...

For chook pen, I used chicken wire and that 25mm plastic plumbing pipe as a
frame. It made a very light pen that I can move around the back yard. I
found a perma-culture book at the library that has a really neat pen / shed
combination made from this plastic pipe / chicken wire combination...

What kind of chooks (bantams or regulars), how many, meat birds or egg
birds, etc., will dictate a lot of your answers...

You could direct a lot of your questions to The Chook Shed message board for
better answers.. see http://www.eboards4all.com/209762/