Old 14-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Kane

Default My Veggie Garden

If you want free info on veggie gardening then check out my site at
www.myveggiegarden.com

Info includes;
The Basics
Soil Preparation
Composting
Organic Manures
Companion Planting
Freezing Vegetables
and lots more, new info on it's way over the next growing season include;
Herb section
More info on each Veggie including video
**3 NEW VIDEO CLIPS ADDED NOW** for you to download and see.
Heaps of photos and Monthly Diary for you to read
Costs you nothing and never will.

Old 14-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Mark Allison

"The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be
experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser
settings."

Old 14-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Natalie

"Kane" wrote in message
If you want free info on veggie gardening then check out my site at
www.myveggiegarden.com

It loaded for me without any problems.

Natalie

Old 14-09-2003, 04:22 PM
Trish Brown

Kane wrote:

If you want free info on veggie gardening then check out my site at

Yep! Got'n'y free info on how to keep Blue Tongue lizards from eating the cherry
tomatoes?
*Without* using poisonous snail baits, that is...

Or, how to stop the cockies from alighting on top of the beans and snapping them
off?

Or especially, how to keep the blasted Red Bellied Black Snake out of the
compost heap!

TIA,
--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Old 15-09-2003, 12:25 AM
N. Woolley

I can view the page, but the garden is in AUSTRALIA, not Austin, Texas.

-Nancy

Old 15-09-2003, 03:32 AM
Noydb

Kane wrote:

If you want free info on veggie gardening then check out my site at
www.myveggiegarden.com

Info includes;
The Basics
Soil Preparation
Composting
Organic Manures
Companion Planting
Freezing Vegetables
and lots more, new info on it's way over the next growing season include;
Herb section
More info on each Veggie including video
**3 NEW VIDEO CLIPS ADDED NOW** for you to download and see.
Heaps of photos and Monthly Diary for you to read
Costs you nothing and never will.

I think you might find the reading the following URL profitable

http://www.weblife.org/humanure/
--
Zone 8b (Detroit, MI)

Old 15-09-2003, 11:12 AM
David Hare-Scott

"Trish Brown" wrote in message
Kane wrote:

If you want free info on veggie gardening then check out my site at

Yep! Got'n'y free info on how to keep Blue Tongue lizards from eating

the cherry
tomatoes?
*Without* using poisonous snail baits, that is...

Plant extra 'maters, I rather like bluetongues.

Or, how to stop the cockies from alighting on top of the beans and

snapping them
off?

Sulphur crested cockies are the most destructive buggers, smart, strong
and beaks like bolt cutters. They are likely to see through any
scarecrow mechanism quickly. I don't have them (yet) but if I did I
would be looking at caging the veges.

Or especially, how to keep the blasted Red Bellied Black Snake out of

the
compost heap!

It may leave of its own accord once the weather is warmer as I guess it
goes there for warmth.
Wear boots, tread heavily, carry a spade and leave it alone if possible,
if it stays around you wont have brown snakes. If there are no browns
to worry about you could get a herpetologist to relocate it.

David

Old 21-09-2003, 12:42 AM
Jeßus

I want some of whatever N. Woolley's using:

: I can view the page, but the garden is in AUSTRALIA, not Austin,
: Texas.
: -Nancy

LOL...

How DARE it NOT be in Austin!

--
Jeßus

Old 21-10-2003, 05:32 AM
Bill

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 11:00:11 +0000, Kane wrote:

www.myveggiegarden.com

I notice that you advise against adding either human or animal feces to a
compost pile, citing disease as your reason. Where, oh where, did you get
that information?

Farmers have been safely using both sorts of manure for centuries. FYI,
humans ARE animals ... and they give off an especially rich manure that is
generally mixed with drinking water and discarded in a nearby body of
recreational water after cursory treatment.

At least the farmers used to apply it to the fields, till it in and
recycle the nutrients the animals were finished using.

I think that, if you were to google for "humanure" and read through that
excellent and comprehensive discussion of the topic presented there, you
would strike that prohibition against feces.

Even if you don't, I will. Folks ... manure from large animals, even those that
shave regularly, is okay in compost piles provided a short list of
conditions are met:

1) keep the fresh manure covered with a layer of sawdust or leaves to trap
odors

2) if you compost using hot methods, allow for a one year cycle.

3) if you compost using cold methods, allow for a three year cycle.

4) if you follow this procedure in the city, don't tell anyone ... the
world is full of fecophobes.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but that prohibition (red letters, no
less!) has exactly no foundation in fact.

Bill