GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help! my yuccas are dying... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/43356-help-my-yuccas-dying.html)

mworkum 18-09-2003 06:16 AM

Help! my yuccas are dying...

I recently aquired 3 large yuccas (snapped off from the root by landscapers) so I trimmed them back and planted them in potting mix in large pots.
But now they're going a really dark purple and all the lower leaves have curled up and died.
What can I do?
Thanks for any advice.

Not Very 19-09-2003 09:21 AM

Help! my yuccas are dying...

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 07:16:09 +0200, mworkum
wrote:

I recently aquired 3 large yuccas (snapped off from the root by
landscapers) so I trimmed them back and planted them in potting mix in
large pots.
But now they're going a really dark purple and all the lower leaves
have curled up and died.
What can I do?

Throw them away. You should have got the roots as well.