Old 21-09-2003, 08:23 AM
Mike Gellert

Default Canna Lilies

Hi all,
A question re the above subject.
When the flowers are spent, where do I cut them off, just below the dead
flower or at ground level...or where ?
Thanks.....Mike

Old 29-09-2003, 03:22 PM
Bushy

In my yard the cows often take them off at ground level after flowering, it
seems like something makes them taste better after flowering.

If I've managed to keep the cows out that yeaR i CUT THEM BACK TO GROUND
LEVEL WITH THE WHIPPER SNIPPER AT THE END OF WINTER WHEN THEY LOOK ALL DRIED
OUT AND HALF DEAD.

Sory about caps lock, must have hit it by mistake and I'm to lazy to go back
and change it now.

They like lots of water if it's available. Mine are where the house tank
overflows when I fill it from the well each week.

Peter

Canna Facts and Canna Care BobWalsh Gardening 5 29-05-2011 08:27 PM
Canna lilies BeTu Gardening 3 15-03-2009 11:05 PM
Canna lilies - how to kill?? Patricia Pasterham Australia 3 25-02-2006 10:55 AM
Canna lilies BeTu Gardening 14 19-10-2005 06:22 PM
Canna lilies Steve Jackson United Kingdom 5 23-10-2003 08:02 AM