Old 22-09-2003, 04:05 AM
Ecky Thump

Default Irrigation - Drippers or Sprayers

Hi,

I want to install an irrigation system in the front and back yards. I
haven't decided whether I will use drippers (Drip Eze hose), or
sprinklers on the garden beds.

What are the adavantages/disadvantages of each type of system?
Old 22-09-2003, 05:49 AM
Luke

It will depend on what you are watering, eg lawns, vegie patches, garden
beds. Sprayers do well on lawns however if it is windy you waste alot of
water due to overspray. Drippers are better as you can place them at the
base of the plant and water exactly where you want it to. I went to Bunnings
and asked for help there, but for garden beds and patches then drippers are
probably the better option.

Good Luck

om...

Old 22-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Janet

Bunnings also have a weeping hose which is said to use up to 70% less
water than traditional watering systems - can be purchased in a packaged
10 or 15m pack and they also have it by the metre. This hose is black
in colour and laid under your mulch - not to be confused with the green
soaker hose.

It depends on what you are watering - some plants do not like to have
their leaves wet which encourages fungal disease and mould. You don't
say where you live, but a lot of water is lost through evaporation in
the heat of summer.

Happy gardening
Jan

Flag drippers Salmon Egg Edible Gardening 0 28-04-2007 08:41 PM
Trouble installing drippers Bobbi Wiethoff Gardening 3 01-03-2004 08:02 PM
Garden Sprayers marolex Gardening 0 19-09-2003 02:32 PM
Hose end sprayers Richard Gardening 1 08-07-2003 04:32 AM
Lawn sprayers for Toro Robt Lawns 4 01-05-2003 08:44 PM