Old 03-10-2003, 12:32 AM
Jade Blackbourne

Default I've found Noni!

Noni (Morinda Citrifolia) is known in Fiji as Kura. It is a true tropical
herb which has been widely used in the Pacific Islands for generations as a
herbal tonic.
So there you have it folks!
Jade.

Old 03-10-2003, 02:03 AM
ling

Well, luckily it is not a case of the quick or the dead.

I remembered in the first Australian chat channel I co-started many years
ago, one dumb share broker
lost over $100K by not understanding the correct terminology of massive
nickel sulphide mineralisation
and I didn't corrected him because he never chatted to me even I was a
channel host then.
Anyway, this is my last post to this group. I am of the type "once bitten,
twice shy". I have over 1000 books and 24 arch lever volumes of personal
notes on Go. Yet I only post a few times to the Go forum because of the
unfriendly treatment I got there. Same here with my heaps of experience on
growing exotic fruit trees. Your loss not mine. I got enough regular
overseas correspndences on gardening.

Many thanks to "Veritas" for standing up for me. Good on you , mate.
Happy gardening to all.

Ling

Old 03-10-2003, 03:17 AM
Jade Blackbourne

Hello....

I just found a site advertising 'Noni Juice' and thought I'd comment here
for those who werent sure what it was (including me) as I found it
interesting.

It was by no means a 'pay out' on you. So it's a shame you took it that
way... but I have a feeling that you were already quite on the defensive,
considering your comment about the 'Go' group. (The asian game of stragegy,
Go, or something else?)

If you dont like the way we chuck around australian humour than I guess we
will have to suffer the intense loss that your leaving (and taking your
lever arch files & vast measures of experience with you) will make to the
group.

As for 'the quick or the dead'... I dont think there are many life or death
situations dealt with here in aus.gardens.... *lol*
Help... I am being swallowed by a venus fly trap, what do I do.....
Hello! Ring 000 or poisons information centre, and they might send some
hunky firemen over to pry you out with a crowbar.

The above IS a pay out directed at you... (although a crap one indeed, and
mostly used to illustrate the peril that most of our posters are in)

Jade.
Who, by the way, found the Noni Hazelhurst jokes very funny and kept waiting
for the misunderstood person to explain themselves clearly, and learn more
about the Noni plant.

"I have over 1000 books and 24 arch lever volumes of personal notes on Go.
Yet I only post a few times to the Go forum because of the unfriendly
treatment I got there. Same here with my heaps of experience on growing
exotic fruit trees. Your loss not mine. I got enough regular overseas
correspndences on gardening." - Ling

Old 03-10-2003, 12:02 PM
Kevin Jordan

Jade Blackbourne jewelbarathotmaildotcom wrote:

Noni (Morinda Citrifolia) is known in Fiji as Kura. It is a true tropical
herb which has been widely used in the Pacific Islands for generations as a
herbal tonic.
So there you have it folks!
Jade.

Noni juice is a commercial product in Samoa and sold throughout Asia.
There are Noni trees growing in the gardens outside Reserve Bank in
Darwin. And they make a mess!
Old 04-10-2003, 02:22 PM
Chookie

In article , "ling" wrote:

Anyway, this is my last post to this group. I am of the type "once bitten,
twice shy". I have over 1000 books and 24 arch lever volumes of personal
notes on Go. Yet I only post a few times to the Go forum because of the
unfriendly treatment I got there. Same here with my heaps of experience on
growing exotic fruit trees. Your loss not mine. I got enough regular
overseas correspndences on gardening.

Hands over bat and ball

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc