GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   liliums (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/44634-liliums.html)

iles 03-10-2003 09:12 AM

liliums

Would anyone know what family of liliums is scented ie asiatic,oriental,
LA Thanks in advance if you can help

justin milton 03-10-2003 09:41 AM

liliums

oriental

justin milton 03-10-2003 09:44 AM

liliums

oriental

Shelley 05-10-2003 04:02 PM

liliums

Hello

It is the orientals that smell so divine... the scent is so reminiscent of
ylang ylang oil..... I wonder if these plants are related to the source of
the oil.... would anyone know?

Tricia 05-10-2003 04:42 PM

liliums

Shelley wrote:
: Hello
:
: It is the orientals that smell so divine... the scent is so
: reminiscent of ylang ylang oil..... I wonder if these plants are
: related to the source of the oil.... would anyone know?
:
:
: "iles" wrote in message
: ...
: Would anyone know what family of liliums is scented ie
: asiatic,oriental, LA Thanks in advance if you can help

The oil is from Cananga odorata - taken from google
This tall tree, from the custard apple family, is very popular throughout
Asia for its fragrant flowers. Reaching 15-20 metres in is tropical home, it
makes a stunning large specimen with its glossy foliage and elegant pale
yellow heavily scented flowers, which are in abundance during March and
April.

The essential oil is distilled from flowers and used as a flavouring in
sweets, icings, baked treats and soft drinks.

--
Tricia
23109810

iles 09-10-2003 07:02 AM

liliums

thanks justin, I've put in the right ones then, the orientals

justin milton wrote:

oriental

iles 09-10-2003 07:02 AM

liliums

Thanks Shelley,
I've put in the right ones and I love Ylang Ylang!!!

iles 09-10-2003 07:02 AM

liliums

Thanks Tricia,
Very interesting stuff about Ylang Ylang oil. I suppose I alway
assumed that it must come from some sort of Ylang Ylang plant!!!

Tricia wrote:

Shelley wrote:
: Hello
:
: It is the orientals that smell so divine... the scent is so
: reminiscent of ylang ylang oil..... I wonder if these plants are
: related to the source of the oil.... would anyone know?
:
:
: ...