Old 03-10-2003, 11:03 AM
~A~

Default What plant is this?

Hi

I have a plant growing in the backyard which is about 1.5 metres tall and it
has plenty of small creamy color flowers which come out like a ball... I
have photos of it (my explaination is not very good) and I'm trying to
identify it as I am moving soon and I know it won't survive a transplant...

Previously smaller plants have sprouted from the main root and I have tried
to repot them with no luck - I have also had no luck with taking cuttings
and using root powder...

Is there anyone on here who could help me name this plant or know where I
might find out???

thanks
Audrey

Old 04-10-2003, 05:42 AM
Coral R.Enderl

Hi Audrey,

Don't know for sure if I can help but it sounds like a Virburnum opulus
(snowball bush). The following is a description taken from a gardening book
I have :- Max height vicinity 2m- This reasonably hardy deciduous species
flowers to best advantage in the colder & cooler areas. The
cultivar"Sterile" -the snowball bush-bears profuse huge balls of white bloom
in summer & these are followed by good autumn foliage. Propagate from
hardwood cuttings in spring.
Regards,
Coral E.
SE.SA