Old 07-10-2003, 11:22 AM
Wanda

Default House Positioning etc

Found a website the other day which gave the direction of the sun during the
various seasons for morning & evening. ie 10 deg north of due west in
evening etc I think the website was related to house orientation, but I
haven't been able to find the site again. Does anyone know of anything
similar?

Old 07-10-2003, 01:02 PM
Loosecannon

Hi Wanda,

Try http://www.greenhouse.gov.au they have a lot of relevant info.

Richard

Old 07-10-2003, 02:42 PM
Chookie

In article ,
"Wanda" wrote:

Found a website the other day which gave the direction of the sun during the
various seasons for morning & evening. ie 10 deg north of due west in
evening etc I think the website was related to house orientation, but I
haven't been able to find the site again. Does anyone know of anything
similar?

Warm House, Cool House by Nick Hollo. Available from most public libraries, I
would think.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc
Old 07-10-2003, 11:39 PM
David Hare-Scott

"Wanda" wrote in message
Found a website the other day which gave the direction of the sun

during the
various seasons for morning & evening. ie 10 deg north of due west in
evening etc I think the website was related to house orientation, but

haven't been able to find the site again. Does anyone know of anything
similar?

There is a great little freeware program called 'Ephemeris' by Johnathan
Sachs. Try the various shareware sites. It wll calculate the position
of sun and moon anytime, anywhere. This is very handy for planning
gardens, houses etc as you can work out where shadows will be all year
round.

David

Old 10-10-2003, 10:12 PM
Snogoose

Try:
http://www.bestchoicerealtyinc.com/t...ositioning.htm

Old 11-10-2003, 02:12 AM
len gardener

a good looking sight snogoose,

we are in the southern hemisphere here and all information on the
sight is northern hemisphere related, but can still be useful so long
as the reader changes the reference to 'south' for aspect, to 'north'
for aspect to suit our region.

len

snipped
--