Old 08-10-2003, 09:40 AM
Snogoose

Default Nut grass

I heard the other day that there is a new product that will kill nutgrass
but leaves other grasses alone. It was something like semtek. I have
looked on the net to no avail. Anybody else heard of it?

Thanks,

Sno

Old 08-10-2003, 09:40 AM
Snogoose

Sorry I meant to add 'Please reply to group'.

Old 08-10-2003, 01:02 PM
Chookie

In article ,
"Snogoose" wrote:

I heard the other day that there is a new product that will kill nutgrass
but leaves other grasses alone. It was something like semtek. I have
looked on the net to no avail. Anybody else heard of it?

That would be Semtex, I imagine.

:-)

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc
Old 11-10-2003, 06:12 AM
Andrew G

Hi there.
The product is call Sempra and kills Nut grass and Mullumbimby couch.
Comes in a granulated form that has to be mixed with water.
We have tried it at work and seems to do a good job.
Monsanto make it, but I couldn't find it on their Oz website, but can be
found at their international website if you do a search for sempra at:
http://www.monsanto.com/monsanto/layout/default.asp

I had a quick look there and they I think the Americans call Nut grass,
Nutsedge. Not sure?
Good luck

Oh, and if you use it make sure you read the directions carefully when it
comes to cleaning out spray equipment correctly.