GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Glassed in windowbox -what will grow there. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/45414-glassed-windowbox-what-will-grow-there.html)

wattlgirl 14-10-2003 10:02 AM

Glassed in windowbox -what will grow there.

I have a glass window box on my house. It has a glass roof and glass
sides, and gets very hot in the afternoon.
Can I grow anything other than Cacti in there in Summer?

David Hare-Scott 14-10-2003 10:49 PM

Glassed in windowbox -what will grow there.

"wattlgirl" wrote in message
om...
I have a glass window box on my house. It has a glass roof and glass
sides, and gets very hot in the afternoon.
Can I grow anything other than Cacti in there in Summer?

Where in the world are you? What way does the window face? How much
direct sunlight does it get per day? In different places people have
different ideas of "hot", how hot is "very hot"?

Depending on the situation you may find that you can grow a great many
things native to temperate clmates. You _may_ have a mini-hothouse
that will also allow you to grow sub-tropical or tropical species
provided the air can be prevented from getting too dry.

What would you like to grow?

David