Old 15-10-2003, 09:22 AM
joebee

Default How to get rid of stinkbugs

That are on my tangerine tree, have already tried white oil but it doesn't
seem to work.

Old 16-10-2003, 04:32 AM
Norman

Buy some liquid Carbryl and mix it to the right strength as per
instructions.

Carbryl is a very effective insecticide, yet very safe to humans and other
animals

Old 16-10-2003, 10:22 AM
VanDross

"joebee" wrote in message
That are on my tangerine tree, have already tried white oil but it

doesn't
seem to work.

I've always used kitchen tongs and a bucket of something to drown them in.
They're sitting ducks, and even if you miss them first time, they usually
fall to the ground where they're still easy pickings. Wear eye
protection...and have fun!
VanDross

Old 21-10-2003, 02:22 PM
Jock

Surgical forceps to pick them off the tree and a tin of turps. Don't forget
to put on your sunnies to protect your eyes if they squirt their acid stuff
though. Very satisfying when you see the little buggers all dead and in the
tin.
Jock

Old 23-10-2003, 08:32 PM
Stan Moore

Try Houseplant and Garden Spray from Schultz you can buy online for like 6
bucks at http://www.merrifieldgardencenter.co...s.php?pid=939.
It works well

http://www.usenet.com

Old 29-10-2003, 12:02 AM
John Savage

"joebee" wrote in message
That are on my tangerine tree, have already tried white oil but it doesn't
seem to work.

Joebee, I believe I have heard on radio gardening programs that pest oil
(maybe white oil, also) is effective in controlling the bronze orange bugs
but ONLY if you begin spraying early in winter when the bugs are starting
to hatch and are at a stage of being too small to even see, AND THEN
maintain a spraying regimen every 2 or 3 weeks through to crop picking.

You do realize that the bugs will fly in from a neighbour's infested tree,
too?

Old 29-10-2003, 09:23 PM
SG1

Don't they end up in Canberra as Green senators???

Old 07-11-2003, 10:02 PM
joebee

"John Savage" wrote in message
om...

"joebee" wrote in message
That are on my tangerine tree, have already tried white oil but it

doesn't
seem to work.

Joebee, I believe I have heard on radio gardening programs that pest oil
(maybe white oil, also) is effective in controlling the bronze orange bugs
but ONLY if you begin spraying early in winter when the bugs are starting
to hatch and are at a stage of being too small to even see, AND THEN
maintain a spraying regimen every 2 or 3 weeks through to crop picking.

You do realize that the bugs will fly in from a neighbour's infested tree,
too?

Ended up eradicating them first with white oil and the ones that wern't I
picked off with a pair of tongs and straight into a bucket of water, a
smelly job because as soon as you touch them they release an obnoxious
spray. The Tangerine tree now as I write is finnaly free of them.

Stinkbugs on Tomatoes [email protected] Texas 2 14-11-2010 10:57 AM
Attack Of The Stinkbugs jack Gardening 5 05-10-2010 07:48 PM
Controlling Stinkbugs ORGANICALLY? [email protected] Gardening 0 11-06-2007 08:56 PM
"Stinkbugs" -- any idea how to prevent or get rid of them? freddotr Lawns 1 19-04-2004 02:09 AM
stinkbugs L71inda Edible Gardening 3 14-06-2003 11:20 PM