Old 20-10-2003, 04:23 PM
Arpit

Default Planting for my mom

Hi, I'd like to plant some flowers in my mothers garden. I'd like to
plant 8 square meters of bright flowering plants, ina 3x3
arrangement, witha 1x1 hole in the middle, or ina line, I've yet to
decide. Anyway, I'd like to plant 8 different colours of flowers,
preferably of the same type, but looking similar will be fine too. I
don't know what flowers to plant however, perhaps you could advise me
some points to consider:

- I want them to be flowering for as long as possible, and not look
trashy when they aren't

- They wil be in full sun

- The yard has clayey soil

- The yard has some very laerge trees with an extremely prominant root
structure all over the garden

- I can plant these flowers in a raised bed

- I can dig up to 1 meter throught the roots and clay, fill it in with
different soil, then plant

-I can only spend 2-300 dollars

- I live in sydney, in the north shore, in st ives (for climate)

Thanks in advance
Old 25-10-2003, 12:02 PM
Jane VR

Arpit wrote:
Hi, I'd like to plant some flowers in my mothers garden. I'd like to
plant 8 square meters of bright flowering plants, ina 3x3
arrangement, witha 1x1 hole in the middle, or ina line, I've yet to
decide. Anyway, I'd like to plant 8 different colours of flowers,
preferably of the same type, but looking similar will be fine too. I
don't know what flowers to plant however, perhaps you could advise me
some points to consider:

It's hard to get 8 different colours, unless you count light purple and
dark purple etc as different. Petunias have the greatest colour range I
think. Or snapdragons. They are both very long flowering. You could also
maybe do a daisy-type collection, e.g. Federation daisies, zinnias,
rudbeckias, gaillardias, echinacea, felicia, osteospermum, etc

They will need followup care, such as watering, feeding and deadheading
(to prolong flowering).

Jane

Planting for my mom Arpit Australia 1 24-10-2003 03:12 PM
Planting for my mom Arpit Australia 0 20-10-2003 02:12 PM
question about mom's Java Fern turning black SlimFlem Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 18-07-2003 11:13 AM
question about mom's Java Fern turning black SlimFlem Freshwater Aquaria Plants 10 19-05-2003 04:32 PM
question about mom's Java Fern turning black SlimFlem Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 19-05-2003 04:44 AM