Old 24-10-2003, 10:12 AM
paxwax1

Default Feral Bob Browns 'smokeable lapel."

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...631569615.html

.....read in part:

Sophie Panopoulos, incensed at the behaviour of conscientious interjectors
Bob Brown and Kerry Nettle. But the ferals weren't going anywhere.
Wearing cartoonishly large photos of Australian Guantanamo Bay detainees on

their lapels, as well as generous sprays of foliage ("Wattle," explained a
staffer later, although the greenery looked suspiciously smokeable), the
Greens were up and down like a jack-in-the-box, helping George Bush along
with his speech.

What a circus. IMO, Bob Brown is not feral in the slightest, so the handle
of 'Feral Bob,' just might have an appeal to the laconic aspect of some
Aussies: it might stick It is really worth reading the various papers
around the world, regarding this event. Americans, especially, reveal a
deep underlying disrespect for Aussies and think we are a joke.

Pax

Old 24-10-2003, 11:02 AM
Mylorace

Americans, especially, reveal a
deep underlying disrespect for Aussies and think we are a joke.

Rubbish ! Brown made a complete mug of himself, when he carried on like a poof,
with his attenion seeking outburst, Mr Bush laughed and Mr Howard had the look
of a bloke who had wised up his guest, to the stunt.
No harm done, the US must have a few similar rat bags in there parliment.
Old 24-10-2003, 12:02 PM
Doyley

Mylorace wrote:
when he carried on like a poof,

Hmmm. [Shakes head in wonder.]

Old 24-10-2003, 12:02 PM
paxwax1

"Mylorace" wrote in message
Americans, especially, reveal a
deep underlying disrespect for Aussies and think we are a joke.

Rubbish ! Brown made a complete mug of himself, when he carried on like a

poof,
with his attenion seeking outburst, Mr Bush laughed and Mr Howard had the

look
of a bloke who had wised up his guest, to the stunt.
No harm done, the US must have a few similar rat bags in there parliment.

'Lighten up.'

My observation, (from a few news papers in USA), was that they 'expected'
arguments in parliament to be a possibility. That it happened was a given.
Their papers today are saying '... it must be understood; Australian
government is known to be played like they play their rugby.'
They have long seen us as a joke.
Ironic really. What a joke, that we followed them to Iraq and murdered
civilians.
What a joke if you think this is rubbish.

Cheers. Pax.

Old 24-10-2003, 03:35 PM
Phred

In article , "paxwax1" wrote:
[...]

Well Bob Brown is certainly a joke (and the idea of a brown green is
even funnier).

As for Kerry, never heard of her before; but she sounds a bit prickly
to be funny.

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Old 27-10-2003, 01:02 PM
Kevin Jordan

Mylorace wrote:

Americans, especially, reveal a deep underlying disrespect for Aussies
and think we are a joke.

Rubbish ! Brown made a complete mug of himself, when he carried on like a
poof, with his attenion seeking outburst, Mr Bush laughed and Mr Howard
had the look of a bloke who had wised up his guest, to the stunt. No harm
done, the US must have a few similar rat bags in there parliment.

Well, what else could he carry on like?
Old 27-10-2003, 11:12 PM
Adam

snip
My observation, (from a few news papers in USA), was that they 'expected'
arguments in parliament to be a possibility. That it happened was a given.
Their papers today are saying '... it must be understood; Australian
government is known to be played like they play their rugby.'
They have long seen us as a joke.
Ironic really. What a joke, that we followed them to Iraq
and murdered civilians.

Can't believe we murdered all those civilians. They were so happy and
safe when Saddam was running the country...

Old 28-10-2003, 04:02 AM
paxwax1

"Adam" wrote in message
om...
snip
My observation, (from a few news papers in USA), was that they

'expected'
arguments in parliament to be a possibility. That it happened was a

given.
Their papers today are saying '... it must be understood; Australian
government is known to be played like they play their rugby.'
They have long seen us as a joke.
Ironic really. What a joke, that we followed them to Iraq
and murdered civilians.

Can't believe we murdered all those civilians. They were so happy and
safe when Saddam was running the country...

Yeah. Murder is a bit rich.
??Is colateral damage and 'friendly or blue' targets easier to wash
down/swallow??

It's very hard to know from what perspective to evaluate the standard(s) of
being, in Iraq, post or pre Sadam.
West and East see things almost opposite to each other, and there are many
perspectives in between. Who should judge?

Old 28-10-2003, 11:42 PM
Adam

"paxwax1" wrote in message . ..
"Adam" wrote in message
om...
snip
My observation, (from a few news papers in USA), was that they

'expected'
arguments in parliament to be a possibility. That it happened was a

given.
Their papers today are saying '... it must be understood; Australian
government is known to be played like they play their rugby.'
They have long seen us as a joke.
Ironic really. What a joke, that we followed them to Iraq
and murdered civilians.

Can't believe we murdered all those civilians. They were so happy and
safe when Saddam was running the country...

Yeah. Murder is a bit rich.
??Is colateral damage and 'friendly or blue' targets easier to wash
down/swallow??

Deliberate murder is actually different from 'colateral damage'.
It's a fine line, the difference being that one is deliberate and one
is largely unavoidable. While this makes little difference to those it
affects, it does fall under the 'greater good' argument. How many
civilians were killed during the war, compared with how many were
killed each year under the old regime ?

It's very hard to know from what perspective to evaluate the standard(s) of
being, in Iraq, post or pre Sadam.
West and East see things almost opposite to each other, and there are many
perspectives in between. Who should judge?

Funny what different perspectives can explain.
Apparently, is some places it's acceptable to gas whole villages and
torture & kill anyone who disagrees with you. We should just learn to
accept that some people think mindless slaughter is fine, as long as
it keeps them in power.

Old 29-10-2003, 05:22 AM
paxwax1

"Adam" wrote in message
om...
"paxwax1" wrote in message

. ..
"Adam" wrote in message
om...
snip
[...]

Yeah, I see your point, (I think); the "'greater good' argument." I wish I
could see around being biased in suspecting that our idea of the 'greater
good' might be weighted by our need to have a stategic foothold, our need to
show the world that we can walk in wherever we like and do whatever we like,
our need to have democracy spread -- and our need to be seen as alligned
with America. I suspect our superficially altruistic nature is, in part,
motivated by what we want to gain.
It'd feel better to think otherwise; that we are heros.

It's very hard to know from what perspective to evaluate the standard(s)

of
being, in Iraq, post or pre Sadam.
West and East see things almost opposite to each other, and there are

many
perspectives in between. Who should judge?

Funny what different perspectives can explain.
Apparently, is some places it's acceptable to gas whole villages and
torture & kill anyone who disagrees with you. We should just learn to
accept that some people think mindless slaughter is fine, as long as
it keeps them in power.

Yeah, there's truth to that. Let's all hope it turns out for the best.

Old 30-10-2003, 12:22 AM
Adam

snip
[...]

These are all good points. I've got no problem with people questioning
motivation, in fact I think it's important that this happens. The more
opinions out there, the better chance we have of making the right
decision.

Regardless of the political motivation, I don't think that the
US/Brit/Aus soldiers are murderers, and this is why I posted a reply
in the first place. The people on the ground are not there for
personal gain - they are risking their lives to defend freedoms that
most of us take for granted.

It's very hard to know from what perspective to evaluate the standard(s)

of
being, in Iraq, post or pre Sadam.
West and East see things almost opposite to each other, and there are

many
perspectives in between. Who should judge?

Funny what different perspectives can explain.
Apparently, is some places it's acceptable to gas whole villages and
torture & kill anyone who disagrees with you. We should just learn to
accept that some people think mindless slaughter is fine, as long as
it keeps them in power.

Yeah, there's truth to that. Let's all hope it turns out for the best.

Well said.

Old 30-10-2003, 01:03 AM
infidel

"Phred" wrote in message
In article , "paxwax1"

wrote:
[...]

If you mix the pigments Green and Red what do you get?
BROWN.
FA
I.

Old 30-10-2003, 10:32 AM
Mylorace

. The more
opinions out there, the better chance we have of making the right
decision.

Er... not quite right the camel was the result of a comittee trying to design
a horse.