Old 25-10-2003, 12:02 PM
MDHJWH

Default Elderberry wine & twitch

1. Having moved to rural Tasmania I've aquired several mature and
apparently vigorous elderberry bushes. Most recipes for elderberry
wine I've found on the net include brand name ingrediants unavailable
in Oz. Does anyone have an Oz friendly recipe for the wine.
2. The other delight(NOT!) I've acquired down here is a weed the
locals call twitch. It comes in two kinds, onion twitch & rope twitch.
Local opinion seems to assert them to be related but to my untrained
eye I say they are two different species.
An agronomist I consulted claimed the herbacide Feusillade (not sure
of that spelling) was the only way to get rid of it. Apart from my
fear it might get rid of a lot else I'm wondering if there may be a
gentler way to elliminate this stuff.

Thanks to anyone with knowledge/expereince to relate .........

Ayn Marx

Elderberry bush? Allview Gardening 13 04-06-2005 06:29 PM
Elderberry wick with blackfly! Pip United Kingdom 14 01-06-2004 12:18 PM
Twitch in lawn Ric United Kingdom 5 03-09-2003 10:03 PM
advice for twitch infested lawn Ric United Kingdom 13 06-07-2003 11:51 AM
Elderberry Jabber United Kingdom 9 02-05-2003 07:57 PM