Old 28-10-2003, 09:02 AM
Simon

Default waratah in pots?

I have a waratah that is in a pot right now and as we are thinking of moving
soon I was thinking that instead of putting it into the ground I would make
it a container plant. It is in a 8" pot now and the web site referenced
below says that waratah make good container plants but it gives a caution.
How big or real a problem is this:

"Use a pot that is only one or two sizes bigger than the existing pot.
Overpotting results in waterlogging and soil turning sour due to lack of
aeration."

ref.: http://www.greengold.com.au/greengol...ES/waratah.htm

I was going to get a larger pot and put it straight into it's final sized
pot. Is this a huge problem?

regards,

Simon

Old 30-10-2003, 09:22 AM
Mylorace

I was going to get a larger pot and put it straight into it's final sized
pot. Is this a huge problem?

Not if you have perfect drainage, and can keep the ph of the mix slightly acid.
very large drain holes and a check on the ph every 3 months or so and a small
dressing of blood and bone spring and autum.
Is it a species or a cultivar ?
The cultivar " Shady Lady does very will in large pots.
Old 06-11-2003, 12:22 PM
Simon

it is a species - not cultivar.

Thanks for replying - I was beginning to think no-one on this board knew
about them.