Old 03-11-2003, 11:22 PM
Bruce

Default Bamboo

Does anyone know of a foolproof method for removing bamboo from a
garden (without having to dig it up!)
Old 04-11-2003, 02:02 AM
len gardener

g'day bruce,

you could try cutting it right back then painting neat
herbicide/glyphosate onto the new buds/shoots as they appear.

but generally digging out is the way to go.

len

--
happy gardening

http://home.dnet.aunz.com/gardnlen/
Old 04-11-2003, 02:02 AM
Jock

nuke it?
Cut it low down with a saw and spray / brush on Knockdown or Roundup neat if
possible on the newly cut stumps. Cover the stumps with plastic / whatever
then the poison can do it's stuff without worrying about the rain diluting /
washing away the poison.
You will need to dig it up one day. Any suckers that emerge, - just spray
them.
Spamproof your email address too.
Jock

"Bruce" wrote in message
m...
Does anyone know of a foolproof method for removing bamboo from a
garden (without having to dig it up!)

Hello fellow bamboo lovers! I have a question about my bamboo patch RiverMan Bamboo 9 27-04-2011 06:42 AM
Dying black bamboo ramyad Bamboo 4 27-04-2009 10:13 PM
Looking for Simon Henderson (formerly of BAMBOO PEOPLE) - Bamboo agroforestry researcher Jo?o Paulo Freire Paglione Bamboo 0 02-11-2003 05:32 PM
Bamboo wanted. Have Black bamboo and "Alphonse Karr" Annabel United Kingdom 2 12-06-2003 03:56 AM
Bamboo root depth and drought - was: Shade tolerant bamboo in south Florida Rick DeBay Bamboo 1 13-03-2003 05:33 PM