GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Grafted flowering gum butchered (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/46819-grafted-flowering-gum-butchered.html)

Jeremy Lunn 07-11-2003 10:22 AM

Grafted flowering gum butchered

Have a small grafted flowering gum which was only starting to take off
when it got butchered by a fence falling on it during a windstorm.
Fortunately it now seems to be reshouting as eucalypts usually do when
they are damaged. Though with only about 2-3cm of the grafted portion
left, which is shooting, if the resprouting is coming from the
lignotuber, will it still be the grafted plant?

Also the stub is shooting as well, I assume we'd be best to just pluck
the leaf buds?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Lunn
Melbourne, Australia

Terry Collins 09-11-2003 07:02 AM

Grafted flowering gum butchered

Jeremy Lunn wrote:

...snip....
Though with only about 2-3cm of the grafted portion
left, which is shooting, if the resprouting is coming from the
lignotuber, will it still be the grafted plant?

No.

Also the stub is shooting as well, I assume we'd be best to just pluck
the leaf buds?

Remove the shoots from the bottom part.

Jeremy Lunn 09-11-2003 09:32 AM

On 2003-11-09, Terry Collins wrote:
left, which is shooting, if the resprouting is coming from the
lignotuber, will it still be the grafted plant?

No.

Hmmm, is it possible that the grafted part of the plant is shooting
then?

Thanks,