Old 12-11-2003, 12:32 AM
Richard

Default ants in the bathroom

Hi all,

About a week ago my partner and I noticed a stream of about thirty
ants coming down the bathroom wall near the shower, and along the
track of the shower door. We thought they had found a dead spider or
something and didn't really think anything of it, believing the
problem would go away.

The problem got worse recently with a much larger stream of ants so we
got some antrid, and placed it in their path. However, whilst we did
this we found out that they were going behind the metal frame of the
shower door (the vertical track which the door slides into when you
close it).

When we pull the track away from the wall (it only moves a millimeter
or two) we have found literally hundreds of ants and lots of little
white balls, which we guess are eggs.

They appear to be making a nest in our bathroom of all places. What
can we do about it? Should we spray or put more bait down? I want to
kill them off before it gets any worse. Btw, these aren't the small
sugar ants, they are bigger than that, but they aren't inch ants
either (thankfully!).

Regards and thanks,

Richard

PS can you get black termites as there are little holes in our
woodwork which they appear to be coming and going through.
Old 12-11-2003, 09:02 PM
SG1

Surface spray will solve the immediate problem & hopefully kill the eggs as
well. I make a mixture of Powdered Borax & honey or golden syrup, honey
being priced out of the bait market with the drought. Mix equal parts and
place in small container, rinse spoon under hot water tap to get rid of
borax when finished.
Jim

Richard wrote in message
[...]

ants,ants, and more ants, AAAARRRRRRGGGG Paul O. Gardening 9 11-08-2008 08:13 PM
Bathroom Flange BenignVanilla Ponds 6 26-04-2003 12:56 PM
ants v Amdro -- ants winning Wayfarer Texas 11 09-04-2003 04:08 PM
Ants, ants and more ants.... Janet Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
Ants, ants and more ants.... Janet Australia 5 29-03-2003 03:32 PM