Old 15-11-2003, 12:42 AM
Linda

Default Maybe not a mite .....

Further to my last post, what we have on a small Melaleuca is it 50%
covered in spider web with what appears to be lumps of sawdust
distributed through it. If I didn't know any better I would say a very
active borer in association with a colony of spiders.

Except if this much sawdust came out of the small bush there would be
hardly any braches left.

Any suggestions as to 1. What it is and 2 What to do.???

My beloved was thinking of Phytopthera - which it isn't!

Thanks for any suggestions

Linda
Old 17-11-2003, 08:02 AM
Andrew G

"Linda" wrote in message
Further to my last post, what we have on a small Melaleuca is it 50%
covered in spider web with what appears to be lumps of sawdust
distributed through it. If I didn't know any better I would say a very
active borer in association with a colony of spiders.

Except if this much sawdust came out of the small bush there would be
hardly any braches left.

Any suggestions as to 1. What it is and 2 What to do.???

My beloved was thinking of Phytopthera - which it isn't!

Thanks for any suggestions

Linda

Phytophera (sp?) is root rot so it isn't that.
We get the same as your problem at work. Someone did say it's sawfly larvae,
but I don't think it is. I have noticed small moths sometimes in the area.
Rogor treats it well, just a bit of a strong chemical to use, and I would
suggest keeping any kids or pets well clear of the trees after the spraying
(and during of course), and wear protective clothing/mask.
I think Kmart sell it.

Good luck