GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   What is that stuff called???? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/47271-re-what-stuff-called.html)

Tricia 15-11-2003 01:32 AM

What is that stuff called????

Linda wrote:
: My beloved has just found some webby stuff on a small melaleuca that
: he thinks he has heard of before that is a mite, not a spider.
: Reckons he heard the name of it years ago as Cy....... something -
: but cannot find a reference. Sounds like Ciforia or something like
: that.
:
: Help!!!!!!!!!!
:
: Linda

Snip off the web material and dispose in rubbish bin

--
Tricia

Tricia 15-11-2003 02:03 AM

What is that stuff called????

Tricia wrote:
: Linda wrote:
: : My beloved has just found some webby stuff on a small melaleuca
: : that he thinks he has heard of before that is a mite, not a
: : spider. Reckons he heard the name of it years ago as Cy.......
: : something - but cannot find a reference. Sounds like Ciforia or
: : something like that.
: :
: : Help!!!!!!!!!!
: :
: : Linda
:
: Snip off the web material and dispose in rubbish bin
:
: --
: Tricia

Oh and the pest is probably the webbing caterpillar.
http://farrer.riv.csu.edu.au/ASGAP/melaleuc.html
See reference just above "Some Selected Species"

--
Tricia

Linda 15-11-2003 03:12 AM

What is that stuff called????

Ah Ha!!!!! Bingo!!!!!

That will be it. Ain't sawdust, it is the remains of the meleuca after
it has been through the caterpillar. Think the Pyrethrum may have
slowed it down a bit then. Out with the water jet!!!!

Thank You!