GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Passionfruit Ripening Times (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/48052-passionfruit-ripening-times.html)

Wanda 02-12-2003 12:32 PM

Passionfruit Ripening Times

Any thoughts on how many days or weeks between when the fruit reaches it's
full size & when it's ready to drop or be picked off the vine?

John Savage 05-12-2003 11:43 PM

"Wanda" writes:
Any thoughts on how many days or weeks between when the fruit reaches it's
full size & when it's ready to drop or be picked off the vine?

6 to 8 weeks, at least, judging by one I'm keenly watching on a fence near
the end of my street. :-)) This will be its second crop this year.

My Mum also has a vigorous passion vine, always loaded with huge fruit.
Like green baubles they hang there all Summer swollen with plump seeds,
then in early Winter one by one each wrinkles and falls off, green, sour
and totally inedible. :-( That vine has never produced a single edible
fruit. She keeps it because its flowers and fruit are so attractive.