Old 04-12-2003, 11:02 PM
gaxfax

Default Help! - Dracaena cultivation

I would like to get my Dracaena marginata to branch. Can some one
suggest a way to encourage or stimulate branching?

I think you can notch them but I'm not sure how.

thanks
jacki

please reply this newsgroup
Old 04-12-2003, 11:02 PM
Loosecannon

Cut the top off and 2 to 3 heads will grow from that point. Plant the bit
you cut off in a pot and in 8 weeks it will have roots.

It works for me and I'm sure Len as well.

Good luck

Richard

Old 04-12-2003, 11:02 PM
David Hare-Scott

"gaxfax" wrote in message
I would like to get my Dracaena marginata to branch. Can some one
suggest a way to encourage or stimulate branching?

I think you can notch them but I'm not sure how.

thanks
jacki

please reply this newsgroup

Just cut off where you want it to branch while it is growing strongly,
ie in late spring. The cut branches will form one or more new growing
points. You can strike the ends that you cut off too.

David