GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Spacing of Pittosporum's (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/48269-spacing-pittosporums.html)

Dave 07-12-2003 06:42 AM

Spacing of Pittosporum's

We live in Melbourne and have just bought six 1.5m silver sheen
pittosporums, we arw were wondering about the optimum planting distance.

Our neighbours identical pittosporums are only spaced about 50cm apart but I
have been told that it is best to place them 1.0 to 1.5mapart

Jane VR 11-12-2003 09:05 PM

Spacing of Pittosporum's

Dave wrote:
We live in Melbourne and have just bought six 1.5m silver sheen
pittosporums, we arw were wondering about the optimum planting distance.

Our neighbours identical pittosporums are only spaced about 50cm apart but I
have been told that it is best to place them 1.0 to 1.5mapart

At 50 cm apart they will grow into each other. This is good if you want
a hedge. If you space them more, you will see them as individuals, but
you won't get such a dense screen. So it depends what you want to achieve.

Jane