Old 09-12-2003, 09:04 PM
Snogoose

Default Ponytail

Please
Can anybody tell me what a very young Ponytail plants bulb thing looks like.
I know what it looks like a little bit older, but I have had this young
plant given to me that is supposed to be a Ponytail, but its bottom looks
more like a roundish bulb.
TIA
Sno

Please reply to the group-my email address is fake to deter spam.

Old 09-12-2003, 09:04 PM
Snogoose

Thanks Adrian, I didn't think I was being hoodwinked but the round bulb had
me puzzled. Looks like I have a long wait for mine to be 1.5m tall.
Sno

"Adrian" ay@no-spam-liquisol-com wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:21:18 GMT, "Snogoose"
wrote:

Trish, the bulb is dryish on top, 2cm across, leaves not at all

succulent,
strappy, coming out from the top of the bulb. The longest leaves are

about
20cm long. It was given to me by my niece who in turn got it from her
friend who said it came up in her garden. She has large adult Ponytails

so
I am hoping.
Thanks,
Sno

It sounds identical to a baby ponytail I was given about 10 years ago.
It's now 1.5m tall, and growing very happilly in the garden!