GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Growing palm trees from seed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/48663-growing-palm-trees-seed.html)

Mekon 15-12-2003 10:02 PM

Growing palm trees from seed

Does anyone have any tips on growing palm trees (of various types I have
access to many) from seed?

Mekon

--
http://www.camelraces.com/

Holy Zarquon's Singing Fish 16-12-2003 10:02 AM

"Mekon" writes:

Does anyone have any tips on growing palm trees (of various types I
have access to many) from seed?

Indeed,

Take some damp potting mix (coconut peat is ideal), and place in a
plastic bag with your palm seeds. Seal the bag. Leave on a bright
warm window ledge (not in direct sun) for a few weeks, and pot on
after you get some growth from the seeds. Take the flesh off the
seeds first.

--
Take my first and surname to email me and replace the abuse.