Old 30-12-2003, 05:32 AM
westaussiekat

Default Lawn beetle... HELP !!!!

Hi Everyone... I'm hoping someone can help me with my lawn beetle problem.
I have tried spraying, but they are back
in a week, and although flooding the spot does help, it isnt practical with
the water restrictions. (im in WA) Does anyone know how I can get rid of
these little critters?? My poor lawn looks like an elephant has been
dancing acoss it. Thanks for the help.
Kathy.

Old 30-12-2003, 05:42 AM
Don

westaussiekat wrote:
Hi Everyone... I'm hoping someone can help me with my lawn beetle problem.
I have tried spraying, but they are back
in a week, and although flooding the spot does help, it isnt practical with
the water restrictions. (im in WA) Does anyone know how I can get rid of
these little critters??

Get the slater and lawn beetle killer (granules) from Bunnings or other
garden centres.

Don

Old 30-12-2003, 10:44 PM
Chris Warr

You want to get yourself some nematodes, little microscpoic organisms
developed by the CSIRO to eat lawn beetles. I got them last year and they
worked a treat. Have a look through the CSIROs website for details. They
can also help you with a local supplier as they did with me in Victoria.
Your only problem would be you need to water them in which would be
difficult with the restrictions.

Old 31-12-2003, 12:42 AM
Raelene

Dang, I've seen the 'lawn beetle solution' about 4 times on recent
television but I didn't pay much attention, sorry.

I just remember being told to shove the hose in the lawn & 'flood' them into
the surface..... a good way of checking as to whether you have them or not.

Raelene - south of Perf
xxx
"westaussiekat" wrote in message
Hi Everyone... I'm hoping someone can help me with my lawn beetle problem.
I have tried spraying, but they are back
in a week, and although flooding the spot does help, it isnt practical

with
the water restrictions. (im in WA) Does anyone know how I can get rid of
these little critters?? My poor lawn looks like an elephant has been

dancing acoss it. Thanks for the help.
Kathy.

---

Old 07-01-2004, 11:12 AM
Andrew G

"westaussiekat" wrote in message
Hi Everyone... I'm hoping someone can help me with my lawn beetle problem.
I have tried spraying, but they are back
in a week, and although flooding the spot does help, it isnt practical

with
the water restrictions. (im in WA) Does anyone know how I can get rid of
these little critters?? My poor lawn looks like an elephant has been
dancing acoss it. Thanks for the help.
Kathy.

A product with the active constituent "Chlorpyrifos" sp?? should get rid of
them and keep them at bay for a few months.
I cannot think of a current actual product name, but the above mentioned is
what counts.
Just read the instructions carefully in regards to safety to yourself and
others.
The other thing is we water it in at work after applying. Just spray the
lawn, then a very quick hose over, enough to wash it into the soil.
Good luck