Old 01-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Chookie

Default Whinge here about your garden!

This drought is really getting old. I've lost tomato plants, cucumbers, you
name it -- this summer in Sydney has been a nightmare for vegie gardeners...
just like last year :-(

On the plus side, my native garden has coped remarkably well, considering I
planted it (mainly tubestock) a week before restrictions came in. Pity it
isn't tall enough to provide me with shade yet!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Jeez; if only those Ancient Greek storytellers had known about the astonishing
creature that is the *Usenet hydra*: you cut off one head, and *a stupider one*
grows back..." -- MJ, cam.misc
Old 02-01-2004, 04:05 AM
wattlgirl

I have lot an entire bed of freesias down teh driveway. They just
turned to crumbly brown, before they even flowered. I don't know if
they will come back next year.

My front yard is doing really well - it is shaded by a couple of big
trees - a magnolia and a crepe myrtle.

But the backyard is getting sad. The grass is browning off, putting
new plants in is impossible, and anything in pots is looking terrible.
The only thing that looks really happy is the lemon tree.
Old 02-01-2004, 05:32 AM
Wallaby

Chookie, life's a bitch! But look on the bright side, you're a gardener,
we're survivors and enjoy a challenge. Its gotta get better, rain will come
(one day) ...surely? Hmmm, hate the thought of a succulent garden forever!

Old 03-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Dianne van Dulken

I've got bloody sticky weed EVERYWHERE. I hate the stuff. It's all
through my veggies. Not the mention the bloody beech tree or 50
million.

AND none of my tomatos have come up. The only tomato plant I've got
is in the middle of my compost bin.

My cucumbers are doing well though, and I'm in Sydney too. And my
beans have gone OFF

http://www.dogmac.com/garden :-)

Cheers

Di
--
Dianne van Dulken
http://www.dogmac.com

See Adara's page - http://www.dogmac.com/adara/
or Bartholomew's - http://www.dogmac.com/bartholomew/
Old 13-01-2004, 04:02 AM

I know there is a drought, but i thought ahead and installed FOUR water
tanks on my suburban block.
My water bill is 1/2 what it was this time last year and everything is
thriving.

Luckily we had some 'good' rains in Melbourne just as the tanks were
starting to empty. Im in the middle of January and my water tanks are full
and my vegies are thriving.

Im very dissappointed with my fruit crops this year though, because the
Spring start was weird and late. Hope that doesnt continue.

http://www.jeack.com.au/~kirsty/03.yard.dec/dec.03.htm