GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Red 'n' green tomato? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/49910-red-n-green-tomato.html)

Lara 08-01-2004 04:34 AM

Red 'n' green tomato?

I'm looking for the name (and ideally, seeds) of a type of tomato I ate
in Barcelona a couple of years ago. It was quite large, round, and when
fully ripe, still had areas of green and red flesh. Not striped, but
rounded blotches of colour throughout. Does this ring a bell with
anyone? Googling has got me nowhere.

Thanks

Lara

John Savage 19-01-2004 12:34 AM

Red 'n' green tomato?

In aus.gardens (Lara) writes:
I'm looking for the name (and ideally, seeds) of a type of tomato I ate
in Barcelona a couple of years ago. It was quite large, round, and when
fully ripe, still had areas of green and red flesh. Not striped, but
rounded blotches of colour throughout. Does this ring a bell with
anyone? Googling has got me nowhere.

There seem to be no end of tomato enthusiasts on rec.gardens.edible
so I am crossposting your enquiry there. Maybe someone there knows
about the tomato of which you speak?

Failing that, perhaps posting to a spanish group might work, e.g.,
soc.culture.spanish or whatever it might be called. Google can help you
with the name of the group.