Old 14-01-2004, 06:04 AM
JM

Default Looking for a rose

Just wondering if anyone could point me to somewhere where I might be able
to buy a rose called Jackie (breeder Moore Calf 1955)

Jan

Old 15-01-2004, 05:32 AM
Kirra

"JM" wrote in message
Just wondering if anyone could point me to somewhere where I might be able
to buy a rose called Jackie (breeder Moore Calf 1955)

Jan

Hi Jan,

Sorry, Jan, but I couldn't find any where listed on the internet that sells
Jackie and since it is one of Mr Moore's older varieties, I imagine it would
be hard to find. Perhaps it might be easier to find someone who actually
grows it and get a cutting ... ?

Paul Barden wrote an interesting article in 2002 about roses dropping out of
commerce. He went on to specifically talk about Mr Moore's miniatures and
how some of them have been lost entirely. If you haven't read the article
already, perhaps you would be interested in reading it?
http://www.rdrop.com/%7Epaul/main_november2002.html

I hope you find Jackie.

Kirra
Brisbane

Old 15-01-2004, 10:02 AM
JM

Thanks Kirra,
Interesting article. I did find reference to a private garden in Adelaide,
Yvonnes Rose Garden, that had this rose but the link is no longer current. I
will keep trying and hopefully will find someone growing this rose.
Many thanks

looking for a rose rondoc Roses 1 09-04-2009 05:07 AM
different looking rose on an own roots rose [email protected] Roses 4 09-11-2005 11:38 AM
I'm looking for rose "Madame Plantier" Goga Roses 0 15-02-2004 12:21 PM
looking fro a certain rose variety Michelle Gardening 11 07-02-2004 06:32 PM
Looking For *Smoky* Hybrid Tea Rose KarenS6556 Roses 2 27-02-2003 10:07 PM