GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bougainvillea (Was Screening Plants and Climbing Plants) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/51019-bougainvillea-re-screening-plants-climbing-plants.html)

scott 26-01-2004 12:07 PM

Bougainvillea (Was Screening Plants and Climbing Plants)

Thanks to everyone who has responded with ideas....

I have finally identified the climber plants as Bougainvilleas. I'm going to
do some more research and see whether I should plant it as a climbing plant,
or grow it in a pot.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Collins wrote:

scott wrote:

Any other recommendations for screening plants and climbers will be much
appreciated.

Native trees I like are casuarina, hakea, callistomen and melalucas
(sp?).

I recently made some bean and climbing plant trelliss from 3 m lengths
of pipe (700mm in soil + 1 bag of concrete) and half a piece of slab
mesh (slab re-inforcment mesh 6"x6" size). I actually had 2.5 full
lengths offered to me.

Onto this you can place boganvillas (various reds & oragnses +),
Pandorea Pandorama - white(common name?).